The Town of Deep River is accepting applications for the position of Probationary Firefighter. Under the general supervision of the Fire Chief, the Probationary Firefighter will respond to Structural Fires, Forest Fires, perform rescue work, carry out fire prevention duties, administer first aid, respond to emergency hazardous materials situations and maintain firefighting apparatus, equipment and fire stations. Firefighters will promote fire and life safety by assisting with fire prevention activities and public education. Perform other related duties as required.
- Must possess a grade 12 high school diploma/equivalent.
- Able to obtain certification to NFPA 1001 Level I and II, NFPA 1002, NFPA 1035.
- Able to obtain a valid Standard First Aid certificates, CPR, AED and, and O2 therapy.
- Possess and maintain a valid “DZ” Ontario driver's license.
- Must provide a medical and physical that meets departmental requirements.
- Must maintain the knowledge and skills to complete the normal daily duties of a firefighter.
- Must be able to perform work under stressful situations, and work nights, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours.
- Firefighting experience is considered an asset.
This is a union position with an annual salary in accordance with the collective agreement.
Applications, including a cover letter complete with resume must be submitted no later than 4:00PM on Friday, September 28, 2018 to:
Corporation of the Town of Deep River
P.O. Box 400
Deep River, ON K0J 1P0
Subject: Probationary Firefighter Competition