Serving Our Community
Welcome to the Deep River Police section of our Municipal website. For current events and further information about the Deep River Police Service and police related activities you can follow us on our Facebook page titled Deep River Police. I want to welcome you to our community and to our Police Service. We take pride in our core values and work very hard to achieve our motto which is “Serving our Community”. We strive to provide a police service that is uniquely integrated with the finest traditions of community policing and have a well mobilized community that work with our officers on a daily basis to keep our community and roadways safe and secure. Thank you for visiting our website and Facebook site of the Deep River Police Service.
The Deep River Police Service offers a number of services to the citizens of Deep River:
- Vacant House Checks - When leaving for a weekend or longer, your insurance usually requires that someone be left to check on your residence. Simply drop by the station or call 613 584-3500 or 613 584-2000 Ext. 118 and leave the following information: your name, the address to be checked, when you will be away and expected date of return, the name of any key holder or person checking on your residence and any special details such as lights on timer etc.
- Criminal Record Checks - Many employers are requiring new employees to provide documentation reporting on their criminal record status. The same can be said of organizations utilizing volunteers. In response to this need, the Deep River Police Service completes and provides written documentation for employees and volunteers requiring this service. There is a $28.00 fee for employment purpose record checks. Volunteer record checks are free where the volunteer work is being done in the Town of Deep River.
- Fingerprinting - A number of activities such as immigration, pardons, and adoptions require the submission of a person's fingerprints. The Deep River Police Service provides this service for a fee of $58.00.
- FOI Requests - The Deep River Police Service is subject to the Freedom and Information Act. Requests under the FOI are to be submitted to the Service in writing along with a $5.00 fee. Subject to the request requirements, there is a schedule of costs for items such as time and photocopying. A list of these costs can be obtained by contacting Ms. Carol Skea at our office.
- Record Copies - A request for a report record or letter can be made in person or in writing.. There is a $18.00 fee for a general record report. Copies of motor vehicle accident reports are $48.00.