Canadian FlagPhone: 613-584-2000 - Fax: 613-584-3237 -
The Town of Deep RiverProud Home of AECL

Marriage Licences

General Provisions:

To be married in Ontario, you must fill out a marriage licence application form (link above). At least one party to the proposed marriage must apply in person. However, the application must be signed by both applicants. Please be prepared to provide two (2) pieces of identification for both parties. The following identification are acceptable:

  • A valid birth certificate (including any change of name certificates); or
  • A valid passport; or
  • a record of immigrant landing; or
  • a Canadian citizenship card.

In addition to the above documents, a second piece of identification in the form of government issued photo identification must also be presented for both parties of the intended marriage. This may either be:

  • a valid driver's licence; or
  • a valid passport; or
  • a BYID age of majority card; or
  • a Military ID.

A marriage licence is valid for use anywhere in Ontario.
The licence expires three months after the date of issue.
The fee for a marriage licence is $100. There are no requirements respecting residency, pre-marital blood tests or medical certificates.

To receive a marriage licence please call Jackie Mellon, Deputy Clerk, at (613) 584-2000 Ext. 128 or Bethany McMahon, Admin Assistant, at Ext. 124 to make an appointment.