By-Law 20-2023 To Permit and Regulate the Operation of Off-Road Vehicles on Municipal Highways Within the Town of Deep River
To view the full by-law please use the following link: By-Law 20-2023 Off Road Vehicles
This by-law regulates the use of all off-road vehicles on all highways under the jurisdiction of the Town of Deep River only.
This by-law does not provide authority for:
- County of Renfrew, upper-tier municipality, roads
- Private roads
- Any highways situated outside of the Town of Deep River including the portion of any boundary road not owned by the Town of Deep River.
Only those off-road vehicles falling within the definition of an all-terrain vehicle, a multi-purpose off-highway utility vehicle and a recreational off-highway vehicle in this by-law, may be driven on highways under the jurisdiction of the Town of Deep River provided that:
- the off-road vehicle meets all the equipment requirements and operation requirements of O. Reg 316/03, as amended by O. Reg 135/15,
- an off-road vehicle shall not be driven at a rate of speed greater than:
- 20 km/hr if the speed limit established under the Highway Traffic Act or by municipal By-law for that part of the highway is not greater than 50 km/hr
- Off-road vehicles shall not travel between one-half hour after sunset and one-half hour before sunrise
- Off-road vehicles shall not travel upon any municipally owned or municipally maintained lands such as parks, playgrounds, beaches, sports fields, cemeteries and trails, save and except any designated parking areas made available as an off-road vehicle staging area to facilitate access to municipal roadways or adjacent trail networks
County of Renfrew By-law 56-23
A BY-LAW TO AMEND BY-LAW 7-21, BEING A BY-LAW TO REGULATE THE OPERATION OF OFF-ROAD VEHICLES ON COUNTY OF RENFREW ROADS