Update from RCDHU:Travel Advice and Mass Gatherings COVID-19 - March 15th, 2020
COVID-19 Updates from RCDHU
(Sunday, March 15th, 2020)
Updates from the Renfrew County District Health Unit regarding travel and mass gatherings:
Travel has changed again- All persons who have travelled outside of Canada are now recommended to self-isolate, if they develop symptoms then they must:
- Continue to isolate from others
- Immediately call a Renfrew County and District Health Unit at 613-735-8654 or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 for further instructions.
In addition, Renfrew County and District residents returning from Italy, Iran, or Hubei province (China) must contact RCDHU within 24 hours of arriving in Canada.
For further information please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html
For staffing purposes this meaning that staff cannot come to work if they have travelled for 14 days. Determine if that person can work from home.
As thing continue to progress I recommend taking a critical appraisal of all events. Use Public Health Agencies of Canada’s risk assessment. (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/health-professionals/mass-gatherings-risk-assesment.html)
RCDHU also recommends:
- Maintaining a two-metre distance between yourself and others if possible during an event.
- Any gatherings over 250 individuals be cancelled or postponed.
- Any gatherings with high risk populations such as persons 65 years of age and older, should be cancelled or postponed with participants between 50-100 persons.